Today we are releasing Color Chime: a colorful way to make music.
The core of the app is a multi-timbral step sequencer with an engaging interface. We added simple controls for timbre, tempo, scale, delay and filter parameters. Creating a melody only requires a couple of taps.
Download the Color Chime press kit.
Snowchime for iPhone® and iPad® is the first app from NTHSynth.
Snowchime is free through December 19, 2013. Download now from the App Store℠:
The Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Many Luminths have reached their destinations in several countries around the world. Thanks to everyone who has provided early feedback!
A couple of announcements for Luminth Orbiter users:
- We have updated Luminth Orbiter. As of this writing, the current version is 1.02. The latest software can be obtained by returning to the Gumroad download page. We will continue to update the software to fix any bugs that are found. Please check out the the Orbiter version history for more details.
- We have created a Luminth FAQ. Please do not hesitate to send us your questions.
If you missed the Kickstarter project and would like to purchase a Luminth, please visit our new Gumroad shop.
Here are some developments from the Luminth project:
- Kickstarter backer payments were successfully processed. (If you missed the Kickstarter project, the Luminth can still be purchased via PayPal.)
- We have acquired all of the electronic components needed to build the Luminth PCBs (images below).
- PCB fabrication and assembly have been arranged and will take place here in the United States.
- The Luminth album has been completed. We’re getting the download mechanism set up and will post more info soon.
That’s all for now. Thanks for reading!
The Luminth Kickstarter campaign was successfully funded last night! Luminth production will begin as soon as the Kickstarter funds clear. We’ll be documenting the process here at nthsynth.com, and also on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
For those that missed the Kickstarter, we have created a Luminth PayPal checkout page. All purchases will be included in the initial Luminth production run.
Thanks for reading!
Kickstarter funding for the Luminth wraps up this week! If you have a friend that likes making music, this would be an excellent time to share a link to the project. Thank you for your support!
We’ve received some requests for additional Luminth Orbiter audio, so Kevin has posted two preview tracks from the Luminth album ($10 Kickstarter reward) on SoundCloud:
Thank you for reading! We’re looking forward to getting underway with the next phase of the project.
The Luminth Generative Music System is available for purchase on Kickstarter.com from now until June 13, 2013.
Click, turn, push+turn. Use the Luminth to generate melodies, percussive grooves, and ambient soundscapes. Make dramatic changes to the music with a single click. Dive deeper to make refined, subtle adjustments. Or let the software work autonomously to create music that morphs over time.
Luminth and Luminth Orbiter are for everyone who enjoys creating music. Beginners can start playing immediately: no musical training is necessary. Experienced musicians will enjoy a new approach to making music.
Luminth Orbiter can be used to:
- Generate new melodic and rhythmic ideas
- Play relaxing music at the end of a long day
- Create ambient sounds for a space or gathering
- Foster a child’s interest in creating music
- Make soundtracks for film or video
Thanks for reading!